Monday, August 27, 2012

OMG!!

On Sunday I got to meet and do a make n take with one of my scrapping idols Amy Tan. OMG!!!

If you aren't familiar with Amy's scrapping, she is the designer behind the Amy Tangerine lines from American Crafts, and you can check out her work here at her blog. I love her awesome use of colour, and her layouts and handmade embellishments really speak to me. And did I mention her Daybooks? Divine!

She is currently touring through Australia (and then NZ) through Spotlight to promote her lines now being sold at their stores. (ahem... they have been sold at Dizzy Izzy since Day 1!)

I dragged Matt along to Spotlight Miranda so he could take photos, and hung out near the Make N Take table they had set up, waiting for her to arrive like a creepy stalker.

With Amy
Amy and I chatted while we waited for the make n take to be set up. It was so exciting to tell her about my scrapping story and Dizzy Izzy. She laughed when I told her I have been too scared to post a comment on her blog, and encouraged me to blog more (and here it is, lol!).

The crazy thing is.... no one else came! Just weird considering she was swamped that morning in Melbourne. Oh well, I'm not going to lie... I loved it! I had Amy all to myself for an hour - who else can say that?? You hear that other people - you snooze, you loose!

Matt gets his craft on...

So Matt and I got to make a card with Amy, using her fun products. She taught Matt how to use a border punch and we got to chat some more about how she got started scrapping, and how her collaboration with American Crafts came about. We also heard about some of her favourite things coming out soon in the new Ready Set Go line like a date stamp & sheer letters - I can't wait to check them out in person.

Amy snapped this one 'just pretend you're being crafty'
 
I was even lucky enough to get a signed Amy Tangerine apron - you can bet that will be making an appearance at the Crafternoon this Saturday. PLUS she gave me a make n take kit to give away as a prize at the next retreat! Awesome!

Signing my apron
The big thing that I got from this was how much Amy loves creating - and it comes through in everything she does. She is living the crafty life and loves what she does. How lucky am I that I get to do what I love as well?



Happy Scrapping,

Tracey

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you Tracey, having Amy all to yourself! I had no idea she was going to be at Spotty, though as I was working all day I would of missed out anyway. Hope you got lots of inspiration!
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, she really was lovely, and it was such a fluke that I even knew she was going to be there! Now I just have to harness the inspiration and put it into practice! xo

      Delete
  2. Wow, if I had know she was there i probably would have made the journey ... I'm on the spotlight list so very unfortunate (especially for Amy, but very fortunate for you) that they didn't advertise very well .... pity you couldn't talk Amy into coming to the retreat :-)
    See you soon

    ReplyDelete